WAFL is an international scientific conference on the assessment of animal welfare at farm and group level. Communications on any topic related to the assessment of animal welfare are welcome to WAFL 2017.
Innovations in Animal Welfare
The conference will start with an inspiring ‘Science for Impact’ day on Tuesday September 5th. Applied researchers and stakeholders involved in livestock production will present their suggestions on improving animal welfare where it matters: on farm, during transport and at the abattoir. Short ‘elevator pitches’, discussions with the developers during an ‘innovation market’ and finally your evaluation will decide which idea is the most promising.
- Sustainability and animal welfare
- Avoiding bias in science
- Animal welfare in society
- Precision farming techniques
- Protocols, aggregation, implementation
- Social networks in animal welfare
- Genetics and animal welfare
- Statistics and methodology
- Welfare as part of sustainability assessments
- ‘Negative results’: what can we learn from measures that didn’t work....?
- Social network analysis as a tool for welfare assessment
WAFL especially welcomes interdisciplinary communications. Communications can be in the fields of natural sciences (ethology, veterinary science, animal production, epidemiology,...), social sciences (sociology, economy,...), mathematics and engineering.
- 30 January 2017 - Registration & abstract submission opens
- 17 February 2017 - Deadline abstracts submission
- 1 May 2017 - Acceptance notification
1 June 2017 - Deadline early bird registration