Are you interested in the innovations and trends in the world of dairy? Do you want to know more about dairy products, in relation to the current interest for plant-based diets? Are you eager to learn how processing affects nutrient values of dairy products? Interested in consumer behavior and nudging? Then this Summer School on dairy, nutrition and health is the right programme for you.
Results for you
By attending this Summer School you will;
- Get an in-depth understanding of the current and future trends in the world of dairy.
- Expand your knowledge in the area of nutrition and health.
- Explore the concept of circular dairy farming.
- Expand your knowledge on sustainable diets.
- Learn about consumer behavior and nudging.
- Experience the biggest dairy lab in the world, Wageningen’s state-of-the-art research labs and a dairy farm.
- Connect with knowledge experts and like-minded participants.
- Get new insights on how to organize research and innovative teams and projects.
Programme and topics
The Summer School Dairy, Nutrition and Health consists of an attractive mixture of lectures; interactive sessions; visits to the biggest dairy lab in the world, Wageningen’s state-of-the-art research labs and a dairy farm; and networking dinner.
Every day, sessions will be led by various professors from the Wageningen University and Research, and experts from the dairy industry. You will get to explore a wide range of topics such as:
- Current and future trends in the dairy industry
- Circular farming
- Processing and product development
- Nutrition and health
- Food physiology
An overview of the programme, with involved experts and programme outline will become available later on.
For whom is this Summer School?
This Summer School is suitable for food scientists and technologists, nutritionists, dietitians, researchers, working professionals and any other individuals with an interest in dairy, nutrition and health.
How to apply for this programme?
More information on how to apply can be found here.
Whats' (not) included in the course fee?
tuition, course materials, coffee/tea/water, lunches, farewell dinner on the last day and invitation letter for visa application if needed.
overnights stays, transport from and back to your your hotel and airport as well as dinner on the first 4 days.
The course leader of this Summer School is prof. dr. ir. Thom Huppertz, Wageningen University & Research.